Currently, the world is facing the unprecedented challenge of Covid-19, which has impacted economies all across the globe. The event is considered a Black Swan by many experts, leaving uncertainty to the life of individuals and businesses fearing a total collapse of the global economy. As Europe focuses its efforts on advancing through this crisis, Montenegro, a small country in Southeast Europe, has declared itself Covid-19 free.
Montenegro – COVID 19 Free
Since the start of the pandemic, the country has seen a total of 324 infected persons, including nine deaths and 315 recoveries and there are currently no ongoing Covid-19 cases in Montenegro.
Montenegro is aiming to increase the influx of foreign nationals this summer to boost its tourism sector post-COVID-19. As the situation gets better and better, local authorities are easing the restrictions with necessary directives.
Montenegro – An EU candidate country
Currently, Montenegro is not a part of the European Union, having applied to join the EU in 2008. It received the official candidate in 2010 and the country and expects to become an EU member by the end of 2025, which would immensely benefit its citizens owing to free-trade and other benefits.
How would second citizenship reduce uncertainty post-COVID-19?
The pandemic has prompted most governments around the world to impose travel bans, making it harder to get in and out of countries. However, second citizenship would empower you to have control of the situation with an alternative option in your hand in such dire times. A second home with a better medical infrastructure offers you tremendous advantages in times like these. A secure environment, better economy, education, and health facilities would be the best investment for your family and business with such uncertainty.
Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program
Montenegro invites potential investors who are interested in European citizenship through its Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP).
You can obtain Montenegro Citizenship in two ways:
- An investment of EUR 450,000 in real estate projects in the capital of Podgorica or the coastal regions or
- An investment of EUR 250,000 in real estate projects in northern or central Montenegro, excluding Podgorica.
An additional government fee of EUR 100,000 per application is required. This contribution is directed to a special fund for the advancement of underdeveloped areas.
Reasons to consider Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program.
– No education or management experience needed.
– A country with economic, legal, and social stability, natural beauty, multilingual community, and low cost of living.
– A member of the European Monetary Union, the WTO, the NATO Alliance, and OSCE.
– Get direct access to the Adriatic Sea, and one of the world’s finest yachting marinas, Porto Montenegro.
– Grants permission for dual citizenship.
– No language requirement.
– Freedom to live and work throughout the country.